Frequently Asked Questions
Customer Support FAQs -
Why should I buy a LED LENSER flashlight?
Simply put, LED LENSER flashlights and headlamps use light output more efficiently than any other lights on the market. This means when you compare an LED LENSER light with one of equal lumens from a competitor (both ANSI-certified), the LED LENSER light will actually appear brighter.
We achieve this through a lens/reflector optic called the Advanced Focus System (AFS). LED LENSER lights are the only products to use AFS in the world.
In addition to our patented AFS, some of the other reasons we think you'll find LED LENSER to be the best lights you can buy are:
- Common Battery Sizes - Our lights are powerful, but they don't require expensive, hard-to-find batteries to run.
- Advanced Circuitry and Cooling - Our systems allow for extremely long run times for high-output that doesn't overpower (heat) the LED chip.
- Materials - We use optimal materials for the intended use of the light, such as anodized aluminum for the body of our work lamps and polycarbonate for those that might see extreme temperature ranges. Our contacts are made of gold, which is the most effective and quality material for conductivity.
- Modular Construction - With our modular system, the light can be repaired or replaced in sections as needed, making it easier, faster, and better for the environment.
- One-handed Focus - With Rapid Focus, you can go from reading to searching by using just the thumb on your holding hand to simply slide the bezel away from you.
- One of a Kind Charging Systems - Our Floating Charge System allows you to simply mount the recharging system on the wall and plug it in. When you're ready to recharge your flashlight, just touch the end-cap to the floating charge magnet and walk away. You also have a USB option to charge from your laptop, car, or hotel room USB port.
At LED LENSER USA, we take extraordinary measures so your LED LENSER light will give you many years of dependable service. If it doesn't, we will gladly repair or replace it, at our discretion, with one of equal or greater value under our 5-year guarantee. Visit the warranty page to learn how easy it is to get Warranty service.
I'm from outside North America and I want to buy a LED LENSER light. Do you sell lights outside the United States?
Our products are sold in many countries around the world. Please visit the LED LENSER International website to locate authorized distributors. These distributors can help you find retailers in your area and/or help you with a warranty issue.
Can I get replacement parts?
We do not send out replacement parts for our lights, but you can visit the warranty page to see how to turn your flashlight or headlamp in for repair.
What do I do if my alkaline battery leaks and damages my flashlight?
LED LENSER'S warranty does not cover damages from battery leakage. However, many of the brand name battery manufacturers do warrant their batteries and the devices powered by them.
What is the six or seven-digit number on the barrel or bezel of my LED LENSER light?
This is the unique serial number marked on each LED LENSER light at the time of manufacturing
Technology FAQs -
LED LENSER lights are measured in lumens. LED LENSER USA uses ANSI/FL1 standards
as published by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA). To date, this is the only industry-wide, agreed-upon standard of measurement.
Polymethyl metacrylate (PMMA). PMMA is a transparent thermoplastic, often used as a light or shatter-resistant alternative to glass.
We use T6016 aluminum as our casing material for most LED LENSER flashlights.
LED LENSER'S aluminum casings are anodized (type II, 20 micron thickness) to apply a corrosion and wear resistant coating.
Can I replace the LED?
What type of material is used on electrical contacts?
LED LENSER'S electrical contacts are hard gold plated. Gold is a superior conductor and resists corrosion.
Can my LED LENSER use disposable lithium AA and AAA batteries?
Currently LED LENSER'S standard lights and headlamps are optimized for use with disposable batteries and the components can be damaged by the use of anything other than the recommended battery type. Similarly, each LED LENSER rechargeable flashlight and headlamp requires a specific battery to operate and should only be recharged directly through their recharging system.
Can I use the same wall plug transformer for all LED LENSER rechargeable items?