In case you’re ever stuck in the dark: Here are some illuminating answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Ledlenser warranty work?
At Ledlenser USA, we take extraordinary measures so your Ledlenser light will give you many years of dependable service. If it doesn't, we will gladly repair or replace it, at our discretion, with one of equal or greater value under our 7-year guarantee. Visit the warranty page to learn how easy it is to get Warranty service.
My new flashlight is heating up when left on the Constant Light function over a long period of time. Is something wrong with it?
Our new range of headlamps and flashlights have been created with the technological advantage of over 20 years of LED lighting experience.
We have engineered the latest products in our range of headlamps and flashlights using the very best LED technology in the world. Through technological advancement we have created a range of products with updates on our features including, Constant Light Technology, allowing your Ledlenser product to produce higher light output for an extended period of time.
When using your product’s High-Power Mode over a sustained period, you may experience that the product itself feels warmer to the touch and this temperature will remain as long as the light is in use. This is due to the product omitting a higher lumen output over an extended period of time. If you do not require the highest lumen output reduce to either mid-power or low-power and this will decrease the temperature being emitted.
This increase in temperate is completely normal and your product will not exceed a safe temperate and therefore will not burn your skin. We have developed Temperature Control Technology, to ensure that your LED light will not overheat internally or externally- Protecting the integrity of your Ledlenser product.
With fading luminosity, the light starts blinking at regular intervals – what does that mean?
Tip: Treat the battery compartment on a regular basis with contact spray to avoid leakage problems. You should remove your batteries from your light if you do not use it for a long time.
If the light still doesn’t work after cleaning and replacing your old batteries for new ones, you should contact your retailer if the purchase date is less than 24 months ago. Alternatively you can use the support form on our website. You will find it here.
Please select the field “Support: Warranty/Repairs for End Customers” in the form and fill it out completely. Our staff in support can then decide whether to send you the respective replacement part (battery magazine or end cap, depending on the model) based on the warranty/goodwill.
Some of my flashlight’s functions no longer work – what should I do?
Some models, e.g. lights in the M-Series, can be programmed. To program your light you will need the Quick User Guide or the Smart Instruction Card.
You will find this under the menu item “Service & Warranty” under Downloads. Here you can select your light and download the document as a PDF.
What do I do if the batteries in my light have leaked?
Firstly, carefully remove the batteries from your light.
If your model has a battery compartment, you will most likely no longer be able to use this. If you would like to attempt to clean it, use a penetrating or multifunction oil to clean the leaked battery fluid. You can find this oil at any hardware store.
In any case, you should always clean the inside of the light compartment. This can also be cleaned with the described agents and for example, a small, medium-to-hard wire brush.
- The head of your light is comprised of two different parts. The purely cylindrical part with the reflector lens and the Speed Focus carriage which tapers off into a tube. In some newer models the cylindrical part is silver.
- Unscrew the cylinder from the Speed Focus carriage in anticlockwise direction.
- Please note that you should NEVER TOUCH THE LED.
- Remove the Speed Focus carriage from the light downward. Now you can properly clean all of the parts from the inside with a damp or dry cloth. You can treat the O-ring which can now be seen on the light compartment with silicon-free grease.
- Then re-close the head of the light by again pulling up the Speed Focus carriage and screwing it back together with the cylindrical part. In all models with a Focus Lock function you have to pay particular attention to one thing when pulling up the carriage. The grooves on the inside of the carriage have to slide exactly along the tracks that are intended for that purpose.
My flashlight is difficult to focus – what should I do?
- The head of your light is comprised of two different parts. The purely cylindrical part with the reflector lens and the Rapid Focus carriage which tapers off into a tube. In some newer models the cylindrical part is silver.
- Unscrew the cylinder from the Rapid Focus carriage in anticlockwise direction.
- Please note that you should NEVER TOUCH THE LED.
- Remove the Rapid Focus carriage from the light downward. Now you can properly clean all of the parts from the inside with a damp or dry cloth. You can treat the O-ring which can now be seen on the light compartment with silicon-free grease.
- Then re-close the head of the light by again pulling up the Rapid Focus carriage and screwing it back together with the cylindrical part. In all models with a Focus Lock function you have to pay particular attention to one thing when pulling up the carriage. The grooves on the inside of the carriage have to slide exactly along the tracks that are intended for that purpose.
How does Ledlenser measure and report its lighting specifications?
Ledlenser lights are measured in lumens. Ledlenser USA uses ANSI/FL1 standards as published by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA). To date, this is the only industry-wide, agreed-upon standard of measurement.
Can I replace the LED?
No. The LEDs used in Ledlenser lights are soldered to electronic circuit boards and cannot be replaced.
Which is the largest flashlight in the world?
At the Solinger “Lichternacht” (light event) on 09/24/2011 an approx. four-meter long flashlight was unveiled, making Zweibrüder Optoelectronics the current world record holder for “Biggest Flashlight in the World”. An employee from Guinness World Records tested the light and confirmed the record. The approx. 216kg (476 lbs) light is modeled on the X21 and with 19 LEDs produces around 100,000 lumens.
Why are the lights in Ledlensers different colors?
You have several lights from Ledlenser and the color of the light in the last one is slightly different to the others?
That is perfectly normal with LEDs. When they are made they are doped like computer chips and then coated with a conversion layer. This converts part of the blue light created by the chip into yellow light. The combination of the two colors is what creates white light. Like in any technical process there is a certain amount of variation. For LEDs, this is called binning.
This binning also pertains to the color of the light, so there are relatively large differences between different chips – even if the chip type is the same.
When should you change the light’s batteries?
The time to change the batteries will depend on various factors: the requirements, your personal preferences, and also how long the light is still going to be used.
In some circumstances it is advisable to take extra batteries with you and/or to put new batteries in before a long trip. As a general rule, batteries should be taken out if the light is not being used for a long time.